Puh-b Plain Indigenous Culture Museum (拔馬平埔文物館)
“Puh-b” is the old name for Zuojhen, a sub-branch of the Xingang tribe of Siraya. The Zuojhen Church built in 1870 is the most magnificent building in town. As a part of the church, the Puh-b Plain Indigenous Culture Museum displays over 200 artefacts relating to plain indigenous culture.
The “Puh-b Plain Indigenous Culture Museum” was founded by Rev. Qing-he LAN originally next to the Luo Lai Sho Elder’s Memorial Hall. The hall built in 1968 with the donation of brother Dr. Mao-lin LUO, the descendent of Elder Lai-sho LUO (1896-1965). The museum was relocated to the present address as the previous building was too old. The museum collections include the Sinckan Manuscripts, plain indigenous bridge weeding gowns, hunting implements, tombstones of the Qing dynasty, and the Amoy Romanized Bible promoted by Dr. James Laidlaw Maxwell (1836-1921) and Rev. Thomas Barclay (1849-1935). These artefacts have left behind some story grammar for “Puh-b culture”.
Category Local Gallery
Opening Hours Please make reservation in advance