The building was first built in 1882 as Anping Customs House. During the Japanese Period it was used by the Customs Club and Tainan Archives at different times. After the end of World War 2 it was used as the Anping District Office at one point. Tainan City Government converted the building into the “Tainan City Yonghan Folk Crafts Museum” after Chiu Yonghan, a well-known businessman, donated his collection to the city. It is today the Fort Zeelandia Museum and there are four exhibition halls: “Reconstruction”, “Fortification”, “Official Narrative” and “Remnants.” The VOC symbol of the Dutch East Indies Company at the front of the museum has been preserved.