During the period from 1950 to 1960, in the early period of Beimen township (北門鄉), due to the fact that it was located in a salt basin which made obtaining fresh water rather difficult, it was necessary to dig wells to obtain water. However, due to the fact that this water had been sitting as groundwater for a long period of time, it contained a large amount of heavy metals, and it brought with it increased prevalence of Blackfoot Disease. Under this illness, toes would begin to darken and ulcerate, with the illness then spreading from the toes. The only way of treating this disease was amputation. In the early days, the villagers had poor access to medical information, and were of the belief that this disease was caused by evil spirts. However, by 1960, with support from the medical community and church, a free clinic was set up. This Blackfoot disease focused clinic was situated within the Jin-he Clinic (金河診所), run by Doctor Wang Jin-he (王金河醫師); who would provide free medical treatment for those suffering from this illness. Within the space of a few decades, the prevalence of Blackfoot Disease had completely disappeared, and there is fond recollection of the help provided for the people of this barren land. As a consequence, this memorial hall has been set up backing onto the rear of the original clinic ward, now known as Little White House (小白宮) due to its pure white appearance.