Ouwang is the largest settlement in Jiangjun District. Since the very early Japanese Colonial Time, the most famous former Ouwang resident is Lin Kun-gang, known as “the god of Zhugao Mountain(竹篙山之神林崑岡). Lin (1832-1895) was a martial art scholar who passed the imperial examination. In October, 1895, when Japanese forces approached Tainan after Taiwan had been ceded by the Qing Government following the Sino-Japanese War, he led a “righteous army” thousands strong that swore to resist the Japanese. He was killed in battle on the south bank of the Jishui River(急水溪) and was posthumously eulogized for his heroics. The memorial hall is on the second floor of Wenheng Temple and tells the story of his life’s achievements. Although small in size, it has an extensive collection of cultural relics, old photographs, paintings and calligraphy.