Dawan Guanghu Temple (大灣廣護宮) was built in 1679 and enshrines Guang Hui Sheng Wang (Guanghui Sage King) (廣惠聖王). Located on the main road from Tainan’s old downtown area to Xinshi, transport is convenient and helps attract many worshippers to the temple. It is best-known for the centipede formation that makes an appearance during the jian jiao (建醮) main sacrificial ceremony; it attracts many photographers who have an interest in cultural subjects.
The temple is surrounded by the main local market, with a busy vegetable market, where the famed local specialty peanut candy, tasty pan-fried stuffed buns and many other snacks can be found. Nearby Dawan Night Market also attracts a large number of local people at the weekend.