Longshan Temple(龍山寺) in Tainan’s East District is one of the city’s “seven Buddhist temples and eight Taoist shrines”. It was built from coral stones in 1715, during the reign of the Qing Dynasty Kangxi Emperor outside the city walls at the East Gate. The original temple was rebuilt in 1778 and was demolished when road widening was carried out in the Japanese Colonial Time. The temple has been rebuilt several times. The three-story building seen today was rebuilt on the original site. It contains a large number of cultural relics, including Qing Dynasty plaques. Although the building is relatively new, it still has the atmosphere of an ancient temple.