A church with a white dome that is a copy of St. Paul’s Cathedral in London is hidden down an alley on Kuohua Street. This place is of great significance in terms of the history of the meeting of Tainan and Westerners. This was where Dr. James Laidlaw Maxwell(馬雅各醫師) practiced medicine and spread Christianity after arriving in Tainan in 1865. At the time, this was an important street in the Five Channels area. As the street runs west, it was called “Kanshi Street.” The doctor-missionary was forced to leave not long after arriving after encountering resistance from local traditionalists. When he returned in 1868, he carried on treating patients and doing missionary work on the site of today’s Sin Lau Hospital. KSK Church (看西街教會) was completed in 1951. When passing Shuixian Temple Market(水仙宮市場), don’t forget to seek out this beautiful church hidden away down an alley.